Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach where you plan, produce, distribute, and share different types of content to attract, target, engage, and retain prospects and customers. A high percentage of B2B organizations leverage content marketing to improve brand awareness, drive web traffic, increase leads, and even create sales opportunities. Statistics reveal that 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to reach customers.
Relevance, personalization, and value addition are critical to the success of any content marketing strategy. Without these, you simply can’t expect your content to produce the results you’re looking for.
Secondly, it is important to tailor your content to the specific buyer’s journey stage your target account or contact is currently in. This will improve your content marketing ROI and conversion rate.
As mentioned earlier, content marketing doesn’t just involve creating and promoting blog posts or ebooks. B2B marketers love to use a range of content in their strategy: videos, webinars, podcasts, infographics, social media posts, magazines, and physical guides.
Among these, video could be more frequently used in content marketing because of its higher effectiveness. Did you know? Video will account for 82% of all web traffic in 2021. Furthermore, marketers using video get 66% more leads annually.
Developing a content marketing strategy requires you to follow these 10 steps:
- Establish your content marketing goals
- Define and research your target audience
- Analyze your competitor’s content marketing strategy
- Audit your existing content
- Select the best content management system
- Conduct keyword research and create content ideas
- Document your plan of action and specific tasks included
- Create an editorial calendar to manage content creation and publishing
- Produce, distribute, and promote content as scheduled in your calendar
- Track your content marketing results and make necessary improvements
To know more about how content marketing contributes to your B2B success, read the following infographic…